Calling all accountants!
Randstad Technologies is partnering with a leading distributor of thermal-imaging devices to find an all-star accountant. The ideal candidate with have 5= years of experience and have oustanding oral and written communications. This is a fully remote position with excellent chances of extension/conversion for the right candidate.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
What We Are Looking For
- Accounting/Finance professionals with a strong knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley, US GAAP, and Audit, coupled with the ability and desire to apply the concepts to "hands-on" operational processes
- Passionate achievers - people who thrive when working on high-performance teams with a commitment to quality and integrity
- Relationship-builders. People who create genuine, trusting relationships with internal team members, business partners and leadership through strong interpersonal skills enabling collaboration and influence others to achieve results
- Organized communicators. People who are highly organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to clearly communicate detail with business partners
- Assist the Controller with the SOX 404 process controls documentation and review controls to ensure adequate design and identification of key and non-key controls for critical processes/ accounts including rationalizing and optimizing controls through automation.
- Develop/improve detailed testing plans as well as identify key general controls and reports for new processes.
- Stay up to date and ensure execution of annual SOX programs and certifications of assigned business areas.
- Execute with due diligence the assigned testing tasks on a timely basis for assigned business areas including promptly follow ups with process owners in case of findings until desired resolution is achieved.
- Assist with the coordinating the remediation of findings and deficiencies identified by internal and external auditors.
- Assists with various internal audit activities such as transaction walk-throughs and examination of expense reimbursement.
- Lead preparation, implementation and ensure adherence to Corporate internal global accounting policies, including newly issued Corporate Finance Policies and accounting guidance (US GAAP).
- Assist with providing guidance to global teams in the evaluation of new accounting pronouncements and their effects on internal current accounting policies.
- Assist with researching, analyzing, and formally documenting technical accounting issues and reporting requirements to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Provide accounting guidance with respect to aligning accounting policies of acquired companies.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study, required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a strong background in internal controls reviews, required.
- Financial reporting or public company auditing experience that included development, evaluation, and testing system of internal controls, preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in internal controls and the COSO framework, required.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP packages, required.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP, preferred.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Solution-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Experience level:
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.