The Product Manager is responsible for setting the goals, defining success, helping motivate teams, aligning stakeholder visions, and has responsibility for the outcome of the platform including all the products and services provided on the specific platform. This position requires two days in office.
location: DALLAS, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Product Manager is responsible for setting the goals, defining success, helping motivate teams, aligning
stakeholder visions, and has responsibility for the outcome of the platform including all the products
and services provided on the specific platform.
- Ideation - generate, develop, and curate new product and feature ideas for products and services
- Strategy - bring the business value of the software product based on a well-designed product roadmap that takes all the company's strategic goals into account
- Releases -keep tabs on the timeline for product implementation and its delivery schedules
- Features -compare and contrast all the possible features of the software and prioritize and rank them with regard to the strategic goals with stakeholder feedback, product requirements, and stakeholder preferences as input that helps them define the best features for the software
- Product Exploring
- Defining a vision for a product and align stakeholders around the vision
- Analyze the complete competitive landscape to see what competitors are doing in the market
- Understanding the overall market, competitors, and open-source technologies
- Work closely with stakeholders (such as customers, business development, and the open-source community) to understand needs and priorities
- Translate market and stakeholder needs into product requirements and definitions
- Collaborate with Marketing on User Experience and IT Development on feature ideas and prototypes to bring potential solutions to life
- Creating a shared brain across larger teams to empower independent decision-making
- Product Development
- Collaborate with stakeholders to guide feature development and prioritization
- Translate user requirements into executable feature work-items with IT Development
- Be the "voice of the customer" during specification and development stages
- Influencing and collaborating in open source while balancing commercial product development
- Prioritizing product features and capabilities
- Ensure Project Managers of IT development teams understand the stakeholder objectives & requirements
- Work with IT PM as well as Development & Architecture head throughout SDLC
- Product Success
- Able to communicate business value of product capabilities
- Act as a product champion externally and internally in support of sales (Origination) channels
- Track and report key metrics to drive future product developments
- Extensive knowledge of various product functions, the software development process, and all things product management
- Agile or related methodologies
- Ability to work after typical business hours/weekends
- Familiar with critical product concepts such as the MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- Interpersonal Skills, Analytical Skills, Attention to detail, Troubleshooting
- Ability to prioritize and display a high level of adaptability/flexibility while handling job responsibilities
- Good decision-making ability
- Bachelor's degree in software development, computer science, or product management, or related field.
- Proven 5+ years of work experience as a product manager, or project manager is required
- Financial services experience, a plus.
- Understanding of IT General Controls and Access Management
- The ability to relate between the technical nomenclature and layman's terminology to facilitate high-level management discussions and project teams.
- Possess a set of skills including, but not limited to: team leadership; and sensitivity to business and information system needs; awareness of the information systems and strategic implications inherent in proposals for change; and a strong drive to achieve superior results.
- Excellent Project management skills to oversee the implementation of large-scale projects.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.