As a Help Desk Analyst, you will be responsible for providing end-user support for small to enterprise sized clients with complex issues in various Microsoft products and other hardware/software. You will be diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues by phone, email, or chat feature by using remote management tools and logging tickets into a ticketing database to ensure timely resolutions. The ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience in a technical support role as well as experience using Active Directory and MS Office 365.
location: Downers Grove, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with level 1 analysts to maintain individual client SLAs by responding to open tickets in timely manner
- Onsite visits for troubleshooting and/or deployment of customer desktops and equipment
- Work on customer projects within teams of Cloud Service team members and Project Engineers
- Respond and troubleshoot tickets submitted by chat feature
- Respond to calls, tickets, and emails to troubleshoot reported issues in a helpdesk environment
- Troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain client computers and desktop applications
- Support current Windows operating systems (XP through Windows 10)
- Support current Microsoft Office Suites
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate internal channel
- Remotely configure smartphones to various email systems
- Desktop imaging and building for customers
- Translate complex technical terms and concepts into layman's terms
- Answer calls and create tickets to resolve or escalate
- Monitor Backup offerings, perform basic troubleshooting, and escalate alerts
- Reconcile licensing for Cloud Service offerings
- 3-5 years' experience in a remote technical support role
- Experience with current Windows operating systems (XP through Windows 10) required
- Must have exceptional communications skills
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work weekends and/or remotely as needed
- Must have reliable transportation
- Current Microsoft Desktop Certification preferred
- Experience with local and network printers preferred
- Basic administration of Windows servers preferred
- LAN/WAN and basic network troubleshooting and problem solving preferred
- Familiarity with email server and spam filtering technology preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.