Our client is searching for a senior technical professional to join the Managed Operational Support Services (OSS) team as a Linux System Administrator (Sys Admin). Responsibilities for this position include support to software engineering during the development of a new OSS system by provisioning and managing the virtual environments (VM) and installing and configuring the Linux based Red Hat Operating System. The Sys Admin will also monitor and maintain the system hardware performance. The position ensures that system hardware, software, and related procedures adhere to the system's design and architecture. This individual will manage system access user accounts and develop the procedures for system configuration to support production builds. This individual will also assist program teams with technical analysis, and support the testing and roll-out of new patches. Participation on programs focus on smoothing the transition from system development to operational readiness within the program's life-cycle.
This position is ONSITE and located in Melbourne, Florida.
MUST be able to obtain and maintain FAA public trust clearance.
location: Melbourne, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Performs software installations and upgrades to RedHat and Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Manages and directs proactive and reactive systems administration activities to ensure the availability, integrity, and reliability of networked and stand-alone systems. Administers assigned Enterprise systems such as enterprise data storage administration (EMC/NetApp), enterprise server virtualization (VMWare) to ensure systems are functioning properly.
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, and wide area network related problems associated with the assigned Enterprise system(s).
- Coordinates with server and operating system vendors to resolve issues, arrange service, and obtain support. Develops schedules for the installation and monitoring of local network and stand-alone information resources.
- Installs and provides support for internal development software and applications
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum level of performance. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines. Knowledgeable of networking associated with a LAN based server and workstations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 6 years related experience; or a Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 4 years related experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the network systems administration field performing the specification, selection, evaluation, testing, deployment and operation of Linux, CentOS and Windows Operating Systems (OS) and servers.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a FAA public trust clearance.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Experience configuring and maintaining CentOS-based systems, including the performance of enterprise level upgrades from version 6 to 7.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Linux operating systems.
- Experience configuring, deploying and managing cloud-based systems and architectures
- Experience performing RPM builds for software packages.
- Experience performing complex infrastructure design, including planning of interactions of multiple applications (HA, DB, Large Networks).
- Experience performing scripting for automation of tools.
- Experience working in a datacenter lab environment managing power requirements, performing buildouts and system hardening
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with the following applications:
- RHEL - SMB, NFS, SELinux
- VMWare ESXi
- Pacemaker HA Clustering
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.