Our enterprise, dynamic, growing client has an immediate opening for an experienced Security Engineer to help develop and create solutions in a fast paced environment.
Ideal candidate will work 3 days in NYC office but will consider clients who are 100% remote.
Excellent benefits package and opportunity to define strategies and solutions.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Security Engineer to lead overall enterprise security systems implementation, lifecycle (S-SDLC), and support. We're looking for a senior expert in security engineering that can work collaboratively with our security, product, infrastructure architecture and engineering teams to implement secure solutions.
- Champion security throughout the systems / solutions selection, implementation, operation, and full lifecycle of the service.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure solution / service requirements are met in the most secure and reliable fashion possible while providing the flexibility needed to enable rapidly changing and growing business.
- Assist peer teams in securing applications, business software and services, and infrastructure:
- Assist technical teams with the interpretation of security reference architecture and the implementation of appropriate security controls.
- Participate in new solution requirements gathering and design development.
- Assist with development, review, and execution of test plans to ensure effectiveness of security controls.
- Assist teams with mitigating findings including assessment of impacts, possible solutions, and efficacy of remedies.
- Assist with the secure integration of cloud applications and infrastructure.
- Assist with selection, implementation, integration, and operation of tools and services to secure and monitor the enterprise and identify vulnerabilities, intrusions, and data exfiltration activity with a heavy focus on automation.
- Be a subject matter expert on the implementation, operation, and support of end user computing, infrastructure, and cloud service security controls.
- 7+ years' experience in cybersecurity and infrastructure services engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity, software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Proficient to expert technical skills in several of the following:
- IP networking, firewalls, network security rules, etc.
- Cloud computing technologies (AWS, GCP) and delivery patterns (PaaS, IaaS, serverless, etc).
- Common attacks and vulnerabilities including OWASP Top 10 and SANS CWE 25.
- Agile fundamentals like Test Driven Development, backlog management, and user stories.
- Continuous Integration/Testing/Delivery tools and techniques and agile development methodologies including TDD/XP/Scrum/Kanban.
- Understanding and experience with privacy concepts including privacy by design, GDPR, PIAs, and personal data handling and security profile standards like CIS Benchmarks and DISA STIGs.
- Self-starter with strong business acumen.
- Ability to work independently and with system engineering teams, quality assurance, DevSecOps, and peer security teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Cybersecurity certifications including CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+ and GSEC
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.