Our Washington DC client is seeking a Technology Director - Fleet Passenger Experience Architecture for a full time remote opportunity.
location: WASHINGTON, District of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $169,000 - 182,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- This role in the Fleet Technology Services team provides technology architecture leadership to ongoing new fleet delivery work for a wide range of technologies ranging from passenger information systems, on-board CCTV surveillance systems, seat reservations, analytics & information management, as well as ground-side safety, asset management & ERP systems.
- Responsible for collaborating with Service and Business owners to create a architecture and technology plan to support one of more IT Services / Service Offerings. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following: (See Amendment)
- Collaborates with the Senior Director of Enterprise Architecture (Service Owner) to ensure service offering is consistent in process and spirit with the Service Offering
- Confers with IT Service Offering leader and direct reports to develop a plan to ensure architecture is driving technology plans and delivery of technology
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals. Documents and presents performance assessments. Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance. Implements organizational practices for staffing, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives. Forecasts new skill requirements based on emerging technologies. Participates in IT workforce deployment activities
- Rapidly comes up to speed with diverse technology stacks utilized for implementing fleet IT solutions
- Works with technical leads, project managers and solution architects to provide technology architecture leadership over multiple parallel train equipment workstreams
- Identifies gaps, risks and issues with fleet technology workstreams and surfaces them to project management, technical leadership and program management
- Leads resolution and mitigation efforts for gaps, risks and issues as appropriate
- Engages with ongoing fleet strategy and incorporates into delivery initiatives
- Develops comprehensive knowledge about fleet technologies that impact the customer experience when traveling by train.
- Works with key business and digital technology stakeholders to develop unified fleet technology concepts then synthesizes comprehensible technology strategies and roadmaps
- Socializes concepts, strategies and roadmaps with upper management, business and other key stakeholders to get buy-in
- Effectively transitions strategies and roadmaps to delivery organizations and aids them in organizing buildable packages of work
- Maintains ongoing oversight over development work to ensure delivered solutions conform to strategies and roadmaps
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with 11+ year's relevant experience or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in business systems, development and/or support functions with a focus on Architecture and Technology Strategy.
- Client expectation management, Program management, Financial management and Technology product delivery experience is required.
- 11+ years of relevant technical and business managerial experience with 2 to 3 years leading an Architecture Practice.
- May require knowledge of one processes/services. Business experience should include assignments in multiple business and technical processes.
- Technical and/or ITIL, or equivalent Certifications
- Must have expert knowledge as described in amendment.
- Requires leadership experience in managing architecture teams and influencing executive level management and key stakeholders.
- Requires demonstrated ability to manage multiple architecture engagement and effectively plan and use staff to ensure the architecture view
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, work well with others in an integrated team environment, and must be self-motivated.
- Experience level: Executive
- Minimum 15 years of experience
- Education: Masters (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.