The Senior Manager of Competitive Database will play a major role in the development and analysis of competitive intelligence for our clients Residential and Small and Medium Business (SMB) segments, with a primary focus on the areas of competitive overlap, product serviceability and internet speeds. The Sr. Manager will report to the Sr. Director of Competitive Intelligence Database.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- strong Proficiency in SQL, ability to perform ETL process with large data sets, joining tables, datamining, stored procedures; experience with tools like Alteryx (preferred) or Informatica
- Ability to develop within Teradata database; develop tables and stored procedures related to managing tables and large datasets
- strong communication skills, including experience presenting complex information in a concise and easy to understand fashion
- MS Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word with high level of proficiency in Excel
- strong business acumen, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced dynamic environment with limited oversight
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work well with people from all levels of the organization, many different disciplines and varying degrees of technical and business experience
- Ability to work independently and make recommendations and decisions autonomously
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Honesty, integrity and ethics
- Ability to build and foster relationships by developing, maintaining and strengthening partnerships with others inside or outside the organization
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Experience with analysis and reporting using tools such as Tableau, Microsoft SSIS, SAS, R
- Knowledge of marketing principles, techniques, and processes
- Hands-on experience with Competitive Analysis, Business/Industry Research, and experience/understanding of field marketing and intelligence
- SharePoint site management
Bachelor degree from accredited four year college with major in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Marketing, Statistics or Economics
Related Work Experience
8+ years of business experience developing large data sets/databases within a Business Intelligence or Marketing Analytics function at a large organization.
location: Stamford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop new tables, views, procedures, etc. in Teradata database
- Document new business processes (data files, process documents) and provide training when needed
- Develop shared databases that facilitiate two-way intelligence sharing with Marketing Intelligence team and other partners
- Develop reports and presentations to help leadership understand new development projects
- Oversee development of new intelligence sourcing process and flow of data between our client and external partners for competitive insights
- Perform datamining against raw data to identify business trends, assess competitive threats, identify growth opportunities
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.