Reporting directly to Fidelity Real Estate Company's (FREC) Director of Engineering, you will be part of a team of dedicated engineers and managers that support site engineering operations teams in achieving high uptime, safety, and energy efficiency in a 11 million sf global portfolio of offices and data centers, spanning across the US, Ireland and India. Prime responsibilities include managing engineering design, evaluating Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing/Fire Protection (MEP/FP) system options, providing construction administration services for projects under construction, commissioning support, developing, and enforcing standards, providing support during emergencies, driving root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions and program management of portfolio-wide initiatives.
The Expertise we are looking for:
- 8 to 10 years of proven experience with engineering design, commissioning, and/or Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Construction Administration.
- Experience with construction practices (MEP related) preferably in the financial services industry.
- MEP Resident Engineer experience is a big plus.
- Experience developing standards, guidelines, and processes in mission critical facilities.
- Experience managing engineering service delivery through outsourced Facility Manager Service Providers.
- Track record of implementing continuous improvement initiatives to improve energy efficiency and uptime.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience in relevant roles.
location: BOSTON, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 4pm
The Skills You Bring:
- Solid understanding of MEP/FP infrastructure design, commissioning, and operations.
- strong knowledge of construction methods as they relate to MEP systems and interface with other building systems.
- Ability to optimize engineering design without sacrificing safety, reliability, and efficiency.
- Ability to concisely present business cases for end-of-life replacements or energy upgrades..
- Excellent program management skills to deliver consistent outcomes across the global portfolio
- Excellent contract leadership skills, providing oversight of outsourced engineering functions
- Ability to work productively in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines and during emergencies.
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain a network of design, commissioning, and specialty consultants to draw upon.
- Ability to mentor and develop your team into a well-rounded engineering organization.
- Lead the engineering design and commissioning process for MEP/FP capital projects. Ensure standards are met and appropriate sign-offs are documented prior to operational handover, working closely with Project Delivery teams.
- Respond to and provide technical support to resolve abnormal operational incidents and identify root causes of failure. In close coordination with the site staff, ensure that the root cause is identified.
- Track and publish data on downtime-causing incidents or near-misses. Develop, communicate, and implement strategies to prevent recurrence of failures.
- Ensure site engineering operations teams are performing as per standards and have controls in place to ensure high uptime. Review performance and perform audits to verify compliance.
- Foster relationships with key vendors, consultants, and outsourced engineering service providers. Hold them accountable to their contractual obligations.
- Develop engineering standards and operating guidelines. Lead ISO 14001 and engineering audit programs.
- Provide recommendations for operating budget and capital plan. Develop and maintain technology roadmaps for major building systems.
- Provide program management for national/global initiatives. Ensure consistency in design and implementation across the portfolio.
- Develop business cases for asset preservation and energy upgrades. Present technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.