- We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst with previous exposure to working in a financial services industry. The right individual will need to leverage their existing skills to quickly familiarize themselves with our existing environment and technology to deliver on time sensitive projects for a leading investment manager.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience as an IT Business analyst
- Prior experience working in the Capital Markets domain with Asset Management, Investment Banking organization is preferred
- Excellent BA skills like - Functional Specs discovery and gathering, writing requirements, use-cases, test-cases, BUAT, meeting with Client Sr. Managers, presenting business solutions, setting up/fine tuning business processes, project-tracking /status, etc.
- Complete understanding of the Trade Life Cycle
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC
- Advanced knowledge of SQL: Sybase
- Should have worked and delivered projects in a fast-phased approach
- Demonstrated ability to work well with different business users and stakeholders group
- Experience with multiple testing approaches: Functional, Regression, Integration and User Testing
- Ability to manage/track multiple projects and working with multiple Dev. Teams.
- Ability to coordinate with onshore/offshore developers
- Experience with Jira and tracking PLM
- Experience in Prod support
- Data mapping skills
- Gap/Comparative analysis
- Report analysis
- Word (Must have) /Excel (Must have) /Visio (Nice to have)
- SQL (Must have)
- SFTP and/or MQ (Nice to have)
- Unix (Nice to have)
- The quality of one's experience is way more valuable than the number of years.
- Candidates that have proven mastery of multiple applications and environments tend to have well rounded skill sets.
- Ability to communicate in detail the candidate's role in current and former projects.
- Ability to describe in detail how the candidate goes about Requirement Gathering and interaction with Business units and development staff.
- Ability to explain how data enters and exits the candidate's application and write SQL to demonstrate how that data is extracted.
- Ability to describe the ecosystem of applications, especially those immediately upstream and downstream of the candidate's application.
- Ability to describe a complex feature that the candidate was responsible for implementing and its role in the application's roadmap.
- Ability to architect a future enhancement (based primarily around data transmission between two entities) and "sell" it to the interviewer.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Analyst will be involved in understanding specific data-transmission tasks which will need to be enhanced to coexist and communicate across different networks. These tasks will include interviewing product owners in order to gather requirements, documentation, working with developers/testers to clarify requirements, perform system testing, coordinating user acceptance testing, post release validation.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.