Randstad Federal is seeking a UX Designer in support of a federal program at Department of Homeland Security.
Must be able to obtain a DHS Public Trust Clearance, can take up to 8-10 weeks
The position will be Remote, Onsite once a Quarter in either Crystal City, VA or Houston, TX
location: HERNDON, Virginia
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provide strategic recommendations that consider the full range of users' cross-channel touchpoints, motivations, and pain points.
- Research and understand the user needs, tasks, and goals and lead the creation of relevant artifacts, such as personas and journey maps.
- Visualize the experience through design deliverables such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes.
- Conduct user research, such as remote usability testing, card sorting, surveys, heuristics evaluations, interviews, and contextual inquiries.
- Convey the expected experience through supporting documentation, such as user stories, requirements, functional annotations, and design systems.
- 4+ years as a User Experience Designer or a related position.
- Degree in UX Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- Aptitude as a hands-on, strategic thinker who can execute as well as lead.
- Ability to design across devices, from desktop to mobile, and across systems, from browser-based websites and apps to native apps for mobile.
- Proficient in the execution of design deliverables such as sitemaps, wireframes, design comps and prototypes
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe XD, Figma and Sketch.
- Experience with research and usability testing tools such as UserTesting.com, Userlytics.com, OptimalSort and Treejack.
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end Experience Design capabilities and how they work together.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.