Our client located in Jacksonville, FL has a 100% remote opening for a highly motivated Java Developer to join their dynamic and growing team. The ideal candidate will be full of enthuasim and drive. Can be located anywhere in the US but must have the ability to work EST hours. Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
JAVA Developers are responsible for the development, programming, and coding of Information Technology solutions. They will engage in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications and will participate in evaluating, conducting performance testing, and all planned and unplanned maintenance for both internally developed applications and purchased products. They participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- strong Experience in Rules (Drools) Skillset
Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Proficiency using versioning tools: GIT, GNU, RCS, SCCS, CVS, SVN, Mercurial, Monotone, etc
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
o Experience with HTML and Frameworks such as; React.Js, Node.JS, and EXPRESS
o Experience with SOAP, REST web service development
o May include learning languages such as; Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Kafka, Hive, NFI, Scoop, etc
o May include database knowledge in; SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools; Advanced Debugger, Allinea DDT, AQtime,, ARM, CA/EZTEST, etc
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Manipulate data from various sources / formats such as: flat files, relational databases, non-relational databases, XML, JSON, etc.
The preferred qualifications listed below reflect desired knowledge, skill, and/or experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
- Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
3-5 years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education as a Java Developer
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or relevant work experience
Relevant Development certifications
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.