Backend ElasticSearch Engineer needed for a contract opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond
As a Senior ElasticSearch Engineer you will be in charge of monitoring and stabilizing the ElasticSearch services for clusters infrastructure. You will also help to guarantee the availability of the services by monitoring their performance and being able to respond to incidents reported in production.
This is a 6-12 month contract.
100% Remote, U.S. based.
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
As a Senior ElasticSearch Engineer you will be in charge of monitoring and stabilizing the ElasticSearch services for cluster infrastructure as well as to advise design planning and coach junior team members as you help shape the face of cutting edge internet hosted software development.
You will also help to guarantee the availability of the services by monitoring their performance and being able to respond to incidents reported in production.
Day to Day
- Responsibilities will include individual contribution alongside a partner as well as coaching the team on ElasticSearch integration and reviewing code. Team is currently enumerating what they will need to get the stack in a good state.
- Figuring out charting schemes, collaborating with teams to upgrade ElasticSearch version (adding back in old features, upgrading, etc)
- Be able to troubleshoot performance issues in the ElasticSearch infrastructure
- Troubleshoot performance problems of clusters with tons of data
- Know how to consume Elasticsearch services and also do indexing and searching
- Maintain the infrastructure behind the scenes for massive indexes
- Interact with other team members remotely and other stakeholders like Product Managers, Customer Program Managers and Customer Support Representatives
- Create analytical data searches and execute high-performance searches
- Working in public cloud and datacenter, especially for enterprise customers.
- Two team status meetings per week, one is more on the planning side, the other is more focused around status updates.
- The team is highly asynchronous in how they work, lots of documentation.
- Github for development and version control.
- Slack and Zoom for communication
- Pair programming on the team.
- Individual tasks, leadership.
- Expert level ElasticSearch development experience including building and optimizing infrastructure. Experience scaling ElasticSearch solutions is critical.
- Mid-level experience in at least one or more of the following: Java, Ruby or Golang
- Previous experience working as an engineering lead, want to be able to coach and communicate with other team members.
- Exposure to one of the following: Kubernetes, Cloud, Puppet, Terraform for configuring and managing infrastructure.
- Public cloud experience (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure) the team is platform agnostic, as long as candidates have public cloud experience they can work with them.
This role is Fully Remote (equipment included, 100% work from home)
7 Engineers of diverse seniority comprise this team.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.