Randstad Technologies has partnered with a premier medical device company searching for a Senior Hardware Systems Engineer who will partner with peers in Systems, Software, and Electro-mechanical Engineering teams. Key deliverables for this role are technical requirements, modelling and simulation supporting data driven decision making, and general systems engineering artifacts.
The project assignments range from new product development to fielded product changes, and sustainment. . The role in Research and Development will focus on the development of product requirements and other design inputs. This role will reside within the Systems Engineering Team whose charter is to grow and deploy systems engineering capability for product development across the R&D Department. We grow that capability through continuous learning as a systems engineering team based on experience gained through project assignments.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- On new product development projects, the systems engineering function is responsible for the following outcomes:
- Requirements Management Plan - based on scope of project, identify systems engineering tasks ,deliverables and milestones
- Stakeholder Requirements - refine customer requirements into top-level system requirements that form the basis of system validation and input to systems requirements development
- System Requirements - based on Stakeholder Requirements, develop overall system requirements
- Risk Management Plan - scope of risk management activities to be performed
- Hazard Analysis - identify product risks, analyze and evaluate each risk, identify risk controls and verify risk controls
- Risk Management Report - summarize product's risk profile and risk acceptability
- During subsystem development, the systems engineering function is responsible for explicating, correcting, and improving system specifications. Once the subsystems are verified, systems engineering supports the integration of subsystems, the final system evaluation and transfer to manufacturing.
- On projects involving changes to fielded product, the senior systems engineer participates in change impact analysis and updates to the system specifications and risk documents.
- All members of the system engineering team are expected to continuously grow their systems engineering skills through team experience/best practice sharing and other more formal training opportunities.
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.