WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
With guidance from senior solution architect, a solution architect participates in design and implementation of on-premises as well as cloud native applications. Collaborates with vendors and outside partners as well as with various vertical and horizontal teams across the bank and its subsidiaries. Interacts with business users and business stakeholders to understand business context and business requirements; Adopts proven agile practices to deliver on time and within budget. Incorporates security best practices into software. Strives for secure coding culture throughout the SDLC. Participates in POCs; Suggests coding best practices, Reviews design and code and mentors junior developers. Strives to meet compliance requirements
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of the Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
location: LOS ANGELES, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 175,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Participate in the design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Writing great quality code driving towards automated testing and validations
- Participate in POCs to evaluate technologies, patterns, vendor solutions, products etc.
- Support and advise team members on implementation, maintenance and updates of CI/CD pipelines for on-premises and cloud environments
- Work with direct team members explaining the technical and functional needs of business
- Collaborate with multiple enterprise-wide distributed teams to deliver new capabilities
- Look for opportunities to simplify code, existing or new architectures and vendor dependencies
- Recommend rationalization opportunities throughout the portfolio of applications and systems
- Design and develop APIs for Omni-channel, experience, process and system APIs
- Participate in perf testing and make architectural recommendations for improvements
- Prepare design, development and architecture specifications based on NFRs
- Develop conceptual and physical solution design artifacts
- Prepare and deliver artifacts supporting the SDLC
- Analyze and develop data models, logical database designs and data definitions
- Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices. Ensure solution architecture is in line with enterprise conceptual architecture
- Evaluates application software packages and makes recommendations to management.
- Participates with other colleagues in new product reviews, tests, and pilots
- Reviews code and suggests refactoring at the level of code as well as designs
- Advise on secure coding practices
- Participate in RFIs/RFPs for software and technology evaluations
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5+ years of software development experience including UI as well as middle tier and backend
- Minimum of 1-2 years of solution architecture
- Minimum of 1-2 year of experience Cloud development experience (Azure a plus). Certification a plus
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in microservices Architecture
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing REST APIs
- Experience designing using containers and container orchestration platform (e.g., AKS/Docker) is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with databases and data modeling / design (SQL and NoSQL plus)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience incorporating security into the application architecture
- Experience working in fully DevOps enabled environment
- Experience with developing coding standards and patterns
- Large application design and implementation experience including architecture and design of modern web, mobile, and integration (cloud/on-premises) platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills is required.
- Experience with Agile development methodology including Scrum, XP, FDD, TDD, and SAFe.
- Enterprise experience with API management toolsets, DevOps, server infrastructure, network infrastructure, caching methodologies, information security, and database technologies
- Experience in developing alternative solution approaches and driving a pragmatic trade-off
- Proven track record of optimizing the development activities with a strong focus on DevOps and automation
- Ability to document solution designs using a variety of approaches (e.g. using UML)
- Experience with DDD, TDD and BDD
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and evaluate for fitness into a specific business context through POCs and other evaluations
- Experience with reviewing code and suggesting refactorings for performance, quality and maintainability and other attributes
- Experienced in designing APIs, scale and secure them. Ability to integrate with internal and external systems and secure those integrations
- Experience with CRM systems like Salesforce
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.