The Equity Embedded Quant Technology team is responsible for providing a wide range of technical solutions in direct support of quantitative analysts, portfolio managers, and executive leadership. The team is customer-focused and moves quickly in a dynamic environment to help solve business problems.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Equity Embedded Quant Technology team in the Asset Management (AM) Quantitative Research and Investing Technology organization (QRIT), you will play a key role in delivering strategic as well as quick turn-around projects for investment professionals and senior management! You will work closely with quantitative analysts, operations, as well as peer technology teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will help build scalable, reliable, available, and efficient tools based on sound engineering practices in areas such as portfolio construction, risk management, and alpha research.
- Lead software design and development.
- Assist with requirements capturing and ensure requirements and specifications are met.
- Mentor junior staff.
location: Westlake TX, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- 9+ years' of hands-on experience as software engineer.
- Experience with object-oriented design and development, and standard software design patterns.
- Demonstrable record of designing and building complex end-to-end systems (full stack development) from concept to finished product.
- Passionate about writing clean, testable, readable, and easily maintainable code with a test-first development approach.
- Experience working with a variety of programming languages (C#, Python, SQL), frameworks (.NET, Node.JS, Angular), operating systems (Microsoft, Linux), databases (Oracle, Snowflake) and platforms (AWS)
- Experience with numerical-analysis software such as MATLAB and R.
- Experience with version control tool GIT (Stash), project management tool JIRA, and continuous integration and deployment tools Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt diverse technologies.
- A creative problem solver with strong problem-solving skills.
- Curious, motivated, can-do attitude, self-directed, proactive, results oriented.
- A teammate with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- You can clearly convey information, document design options and decisions, and present these in an organized manner to a broad array of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with the field of finance, statistical analysis, and investment securities such as equities, fixed-income and derivatives.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 9 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.