The Design Engineer directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility.
Our employees have incredible opportunities to protect, power, and process the analog signals that help protect our country and armed forces. This is accomplished through the expert design and manufacture of RF components, modules, and subsystems. Our legacy of innovation in design and manufacturing has put us inside some of the most important global analog systems in the US, Europe & Japan. These systems include NASA space crafts, Mars Science Lab, GPS satellites, Artemis, F35 fighter, naval ships & missiles to name a few. We are looking for people to help us take our next step. Join a workforce where we strive to put excellence in everything we do including offering a satisfying work/life balance.
location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave component and subsystem designs. Designs, plans and executes the development of RF/Microwave products through transition to production. Functions include power amplification, frequency conversion, switching and control functions, filtering and phase shifting.
- Plan and implement engineering program including: defining the project philosophy, activities, milestones and staff requirements per customer requirements
- Develop and maintain a schedule and budget for assigned engineering project
- Provide reports on the status of project milestones and adjusting schedule accordingly
- Control expenditures within limitation of project budget
- Identify project staffing requirements and coordinate staffing with supporting organizational managers
- Coordinate preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents and bid packages
- Assign and oversee project personnel to specific phases or aspects of projects such as: technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans and product testing
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical development, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Direct integration of technical activities and products
- Design of RF power amplifiers
- Design of RF frequency converters, transceivers and exciters
- Develops the functional specifications for RF receiver or transmitter sub-systems
- Responsible for detailed design and schematic capture of the electronic circuits
- Ensures that PCB layout design meets design requirements
- Developing, executing and reporting design verification tests on prototypes
- Providing support and guidance for the development of automated methods for sub-system testing
- Release of the engineering design package to the production
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Interface with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met
- Education: Bachelor's Degree - Electrical Engineering
- Experience Years: 2 years
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- RF Design and Simulation Software knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of RF receiver/transmitter performance criteria, measurement techniques and test instrumentation
- AWR MS Office
- HFSS (HFSS is a 3D electromagnetic (EM) simulation software for designing and simulating high-frequency electronic products such as antennas, antenna arrays) OR CST (CST Studio Suite® is a high-performance 3D EM analysis software package for designing, analyzing and optimizing electromagnetic (EM) components and systems.)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.