Candidates should have the following skillsets
- Functional programming using Scala
- -Akka as the implementation of the actor model
- -Akka Streams
- -Reactive/event driven systems architecture
- -Play, Spring, or other web service frameworks
- -Azure Event Hubs or Kafka
- -Cassandra and other big database implementations
location: Bentonville, Arkansas
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Contribute to overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications
- Support the build and deployment pipeline and when necessary, both diagnose and solve production support issues
- Identify, scope, and architect solutions for new features while applying sound technical judgment that considers technology alternatives, impact on affected / adjacent systems, and tradeoffs
- Work with Product, Design, and QA to deliver world-class digital experiences
- Get the opportunity to stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluating and potentially incorporating them into your team's architecture
- Apply understanding to help improve the cloud infrastructure that powers our high-performance, consumer-scale site and mobile apps
- Lead initiatives, technical design, and delivery of complex features across multiple systems to improve user experiences
- Recommend changes to processes and tools at the team level based on industry standards, patterns, and practices
- Diagnose / fix highly complex technical issues independently
- Identify and communicate cross-team dependencies
- Communicate individual and project-level development statuses, issues, risks, and concerns to technical leadership and management; research / advise technical leadership in vendor negotiations
- Create documentation and training related to technology stacks and standards within assigned team
- Provide end-to-end support to applications
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.