We are seeking an exceptional and experienced engineer who knows how to build complex data pipelines in Java. You'll be a core member of our product and engineering team dedicated to helping our clients replace time-consuming, manual processes to reach informed real-time decisions about government markets, competitors, and agency relationships. This will be a remote contract to hire position, The candidate must be able to work without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Scope of Responsibilities
- Design and develop and test Java Microservices to implement ETL/ELT data pipelines to acquire, load and transform data
- Troubleshoot and remediate defects
- Follow established software development methodologies and standards, making recommendations where appropriate.
- Work directly with users as well as SMEs to identify and clarify requirements as needed
- 3-5 years experience developing using microservices in Java with a focus on managing data
- Excellent knowledge of how to use JPA to interact with various data sources
- Familiarity with Kubernetes containers, configuring and deploying code, preferably in AWS
- Familiarity with AWS databases preferably AWS Aurora Postgres
- Experience writing Java code to manipulate CSV, XML, and JSON data.
- Requires strong analytical ability and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- A burning desire to tackle hard problems and create sustainable solutions
- Java Drools
- SQL programming skills (PostgreSQL preferred) to create stored procedures, advanced views, etc.
- Experience in or exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.