Randstad Federal is seeking a Staff Systems Administator in supporting of a federal contract with NASA.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supercomputing and Infrastructure System Administration that contributes to:
- Installation, provisioning, and/or rebuilding systems in both HPC and infrastructure environments
- Patching of assigned systems to NASA requirements
- Maintain, extend, and develop customized scripts to support user, monitoring, and general system administration
- Day-to-day operational escalation of the Linux HPC clusters and storage systems
- Proactive monitoring, analyze, and correct system issues
- Development of scripts to automate repetitive tasks or tools to enhance support of the HPC and infrastructure systems
- System performance analysis and tuning
- Building, installing, and supporting user-requested software
- Supporting evaluation and assessment of new HPC technology
- Resolving user report issues and manage support tickets requests in Remedy
- Staff support resource for a myriad of HPC and Infrastructure Systems
- Operationalize completed projects appropriate knowledge transfer to tiered support groups
- Work extensively with HPC vendors and architects on bug fixes, kernel updates, and feature releases
- Apply best practices in systems engineering, delivering projects on time, on budget, with excellent quality
- After hours/weekend support as required
NASA/AMES, MOFFETT FIELD-CA026
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- strong computer science background with in-depth systems-level knowledge in operating systems and networking
- A minimum of 3 years of Systems Engineering and Integration experience in heterogeneous, multi-platform HPC and Linux environments
- Solid understanding of the systems engineering process, including requirements, use cases, design, documentation, and testing in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated equivalence of 3 years of Linux/UNIX user support and hands-on experience with administration of Linux systems
- Superior scripting skills and excellent attention to detail; proficiency in at least Python, Perl, or Bash
- Excellent communication and people skills; excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with system configuration management tools e.g. , puppet, chef, ansible
- Experience with revision control software e.g. CVS, SVN, Git
- Proficiency at technical writing
- Familiarity/proficiency with OpenMP and Message Passing Interface (MPI) programming
- Experience with Lustre, and InfiniBand
- Experience with HPC schedulers (PBS, Slurm, Moab/Torque, SGE)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.