We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Tester to run tests against new and updated pages of the client website and other deliverables, via manual as well as automated methods. Primary responsibilities include executing provided test cases, running tools, writing bug reports, verifying new features as well as bug fixes, and testing web content on supported environments.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $36.25 - 38.66 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) across multiple platforms and analyze results
- Certify pre-released pages and web applications against a list of internal standards
- Write detailed and easy to understand bug reports
- Verify bug fixes via impact analysis
- Work with cross functional teams to collaborate and ensure quality throughout the development lifecycle
- Evaluate HTML and CSS code changes to determine an appropriate test strategy
- Communicate risks to leads and manager as needed
- When necessary write test cases in coordination with the team lead
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines are essential to success
- Ability to pick up new responsibilities quickly
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Extensive knowledge of front-end web testing and automation experience preferred
- Experience testing large-scale marketing websites and good understanding of testing UI elements
- Ability to clearly document and troubleshoot errors
- Experience with the Agile methodology and regression testing a plus
- Experience working with Git
- Understand how to read a test plan and execute test cases
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of browser variations and rendering engines
- Familiarity testing on MacOS, iOS, Windows and Android
- Experience working on large-scale websites is a plus
- 2+ years of working as a Quality Assurance professional or Web Developer
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.