Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is in need of a Senior Network Engineer who will be responsible for planning and designing the enterprise IP LAN/WAN network infrastructure and evaluation of their current network systems. This is a hands-on role, someone with prior experience designing, developing, analysing, and troubleshooting networks and infrastructure. Will help facilitate major network projects to support overall capacity growth, upgrades and any new products and/ or features as well as integration. Must have experience with Cisco ACI. Certifications such as CCNP or CCDP preferred. SD-WAN is a plus.
location: Long Beach, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $145,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for, under general supervision, the planning and design of enterprise IP LAN/WAN network infrastructure and evaluation of current network systems
- Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents computer networks and infrastructure
- Facilitates major network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades and new products/features, and integration
- Maintains in-depth up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidelines, industry trends, and best practices, for the networking discipline, including LAN, WAN, Wireless, Data Center networking and interconnection
- Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training)
- Drives improvements in network process, efficiency and standardization
- Contributes to the development and analyses of network designs and protocols including prototyping and assessment
- Performs planning, engineering, forecasting and implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems of moderate complexity
- Evaluates current network systems; recommends changes in maintenance and network standards; and train support personnel on the conversion and implementation of new systems
- Ensures compliance with change control processes and adherence to standards
- Participates in the diagnosis, isolation and resolution of network problems. Identifies and documents the root cause identifies potential issues in the production environment, and recommends potential solutions
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.