Big Data Architect needed for a contract opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA.
We are looking for a Big Data Architect to join the team. As a member of the team, you will get to live on the front edge of modern technology by helping us to design a data platform that will enable business insights while ensuring the privacy of our player's data.
They use tools like spark, azure sinaps, azure data lake, heavy on spark though. There is a high preference for someone to have really strong azure experience but if they check all the other boxes and have like AWS experience that would work. They should have very good communication skills since they will be interacting with stakeholders in leadership (director and partner levels). Anyone who has worked with Telemetry data is an added bonus.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Big Data Platform architecture scalability and performance. Experience in spark is highly sought.
- Deep understanding of data and how it relates to architecture (Data ingestion, Realtime, Batch, SQL, NoSQL, Analytics, etc)
- Practical experience in data analysis and visualization tools with intermediate to advanced query skills.
- Ability to understand JSON streaming messages and create logical designs for transforming data into query able structures.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate communication between technical and business stakeholders to ensure functional requirements and technical implementation considerations are understood and accepted.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Collaborate with Engineers and Analysts to understand their needs and implement successful solutions.
- Experience in Azure and databricks platform is a plus.
Spark (data bricks is similar) (5+ years)
Big Data (5+ years)
Data Lake/Governance (5+ years)
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- The successful candidate will bring an attention to detail along with modern data engineering practices and help us build a high quality, highly efficient, modern data platform at scale.
- They will be doing Platform aspect approvals, building out a technology road map and assessing those road maps by doing smaller POC's to communicate those to stakeholders and engineers.
- Would also expect them to be writing some code to prove how the solution works.
- They will be using PySpark (huge plus for someone to have experience with).
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.