We have an opening for an experienced, senior level BI Developer for a hybrid onsite / primarily remote position in Nashville TN. This position will be responsible for business intelligence involving design, development, and maintenance of BI technology solutions. The selected candidate will assist with activities related to the extraction of data from legacy applications and querying and presenting data to facilitate mapping and migration decision making.
To be successful in this position, the selected candidate should possess knowledge of Business Intelligence Reporting Tools, Data Analysis, Business Intelligence Concepts, Query Languages, Data Modeling Concepts, Dashboard Development, Scorecard Development, Extract Transform and Load (ETL) Development, Office Automation Software, Schedule Maintenance, and Programming Languages.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $47 - 52 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Developing Objectives and Strategies: Understands and assists in defining the Business Intelligence and Reporting Architecture and its integration into the overall Technology Service.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others: Facilitates requirements gathering sessions using expert listening skills and develops unique simple solutions to meet the immediate and long-term needs of business customers.
- Processing Information: Validates and tests solutions to ensure the business requirements are met. Validates report results to ensure customer requirements are met. Researches, analyzes, and reports on information from a variety of sources.
- Analyzing Data or Information: Analyzes source systems and develops a logical/business data model to determine the reporting capability of available data. Understands pertinent data models and business processes in order to fulfill customer requests for maintenance, support and enhancements. Understands, implements, and maintains the security model for business intelligence solutions to prevent unauthorized access. Integrates multiple disparate processes to address short and long-term business needs.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems: Analyzes and troubleshoots processes to resolve issues. Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves problems/issues within the Business Intelligence solution environment. Conducts investigations into data anomalies both proactively and as identified by users. Analyzes tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Interacting With Computers: Tunes Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes and reporting queries to maximize performance. Develops a physical data model and identifies facts, dimensions and key values. Deploys solutions utilizing Business Intelligence concepts such as: data mining, predictive analytics and trend analysis to provide management with insight into their business. Implements Extract Transform Load (ETL) solutions using business intelligence data ETL tools. Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders. Develops queries for validation of work outputs, and source system confirmation. Codes solutions using appropriate computer programming language. Develops and
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events: Participates in the identification of key performance indicators and methods for data warehouse to assist with operational and strategic planning.
- Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information: Estimates work plan tasks.
- Getting Information: Gathers and identifies the information available from various source systems. Conducts requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders to define, formulate and prioritize Business Intelligence requirements.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge: Understands business intelligence concepts and methodologies.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships: Collaborates with clients to understand technical requirements stemming from the business functional requirements of a particular request.
- Provide Consultation and Advice to Others: Provides guidance and consultation to users to increase their understanding of the Business Intelligence tool's capabilities in order to better meet their business needs.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization: Acts as liaison between technical and non-technical teams.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards: Follows proper configuration management and change controls to promote system stability and to provide an audit trail of modifications.
- Documenting/Recording Information: Documents use cases to ensure the Business Intelligence solution meets the business requirements. Documents business flows for new and existing systems ensuring long-term maintainability.
- Coaching and Developing Others: Provides training and assistance to business users in the generation of ad hoc reports. Acts as a mentor/teacher to other development resources in the area of business intelligence and reporting development, including usage techniques and best practices. Provides technical assistance and cross-training to other team members.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings: Monitors the reporting component of business intelligence systems to identify performance issues and process failures. Monitors the data warehouse and business systems performance and integrity. Monitors and tracks usage of business intelligence systems.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.