Responsible for investigating business systems, identifying options for improving business systems and bridging the needs of the business with the use of IT. In addition to the information outlined in the other Business Analyst jobs, utilize deep practical experience, along with solid independent Information Technology experience on complex projects to perform analysis activities using consistent business analysis techniques; work as a liaison among stakeholders in achieving project objectives in a concise and streamlined manner. Accountable for managing individual workload and supporting the overall team workload by contributing to the technical aspect of the teams assigned projects. Responsible for large scope projects that often involve multiple business functions and business units. Accountable for project work that often involves a high level of business risk. Continue to develop knowledge on the structure, policies, tools and operations of the organization and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
location: West Des Moines, Iowa
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Act as a liaison to project team, agile team, product owner and stakeholders on initiatives, enhancements, technical capabilities and production support. Efforts may cross multiple agile teams, impact multiple business units and functions and are time critical to the organization.
- Develop business analysis plan approach, create lean business cases, gather requirements and create user stories with diagrams and acceptance criteria. Communicate plan for each work assignment. This process requires complete transparency and collaboration with all parties, including business teams and IT.
- Define the organizations goals in relation to assigned work. Use strategic partnerships, collaboration and investigative analysis to identify accurate requirements.
- Analyze Current State Processes and Systems using a variety of techniques including Data-flow Diagrams, Functional Decomposition, Interviews and Analysis of Metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
- Define the future state of technical initiatives such as hardware and software upgrades and system conversions for both internal and external stakeholders. Advocate on behalf of all stakeholders, using experience to leverage technology to solve complex business and technical problems.
- Serve as subject matter expert in utilizing a variety of techniques like User Stories, Use Cases, and Diagrams in requirements documentation.
- Facilitate creation and documentation of abstract models depicting enterprise capability maturity and structured process improvement events, such as Value Stream Mapping.
- Clearly define Business, Stakeholder solutions Functional and Non-Functional stakeholder solutions and transition requirements.
- Drive conversations with technical development staff and Quality Assurance to confirm understanding related to requirements. Collaborate with other team members during technical design and test planning to insure overall coverage and understanding.
- Manage initiative scope and risks by recommending and negotiating solutions and effectively communicating with the Project Manager, Scrum Master and Product Owner in a timely manner; make recommendations for product enhancements.
- Identify risks, drive solutions and coordinate with the teams and stakeholders to mitigate effectively.
- Participate in initiatives utilizing external consultants while being cognizant of the need for different communication styles and processes.
- Manage customer-facing issues and oversee the successful escalation and assignment of issues related to business requirements delivery.
- Act as a liaison between Business Users and IT to ensure constant communication cycle with critical parties throughout the life of the initiative.
- Drive initiatives from ideation to implementation with proactive follow-up with stakeholders to confirm objectives were met, remaining flexible and adjusting to multiple tasks and circumstances.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation is kept current and meets all internal controls requirements related to content and approval.
- Proactively manage change throughout the lifecycle of the initiative by communicating with team, evaluating impact, updating documentation and negotiating alternatives.
- Develop and mentor others on business analysis standards by reviewing and editing standard operating procedures for SFG member companies.
- Display critical, quality-oriented, skeptical thinking about the product.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key business partners, team members, industry contacts, and vendors.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.