Second level technical support for software, hardware and network for Client's end user population. Providing onsite support at end users deskside to resolve all technical issues while providing the highest quality services to the user. Providing support for PC setups, move/add/change, software, hardware, printer, mobile device and phones. Working within a Desktop Support Team environment to resolve all issues escalated from the Level 1 Service Desk for second level or onsite technical resolution.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Receive incident and service request escalations from the Level 1 Service Desk
- Use all resources, training and experience to resolve client's PC, printer and mobile device equipment failures
- Respond to hardware maintenance calls
- Resolve all hardware related problems
- Resolve all operating system level software problems
- Resolve desktop level software conflicts per client systems
- Assist system engineer in network implementations
- Perform equipment audits
- Use judgement and experience to determine warranty repair compliance
- Writing and updating knowledge management documentation as necessary
- Minimal travel required in local area
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Expertise in Windows 10/11, and Mac OS X
- Analytical ability for routine analysis/problem resolution or to develop concepts
- Understands and applies the concepts of new technologies necessary for assignments
- Able to recognize problems and take corrective action
- Knowledge of operational software (Windows, Office, Google Workspace, Web Navigation softwares, etc.)
- Experience with computing technology such as computer hardware/software vendors (i.e., IBM, Dell, Microsoft, HP, Lenovo)
- Ability to lead small to medium sized projects in a Deskside Support environment
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work in a team environment
- 3 or more years of experience in a Desktop Support environment providing application, connectivity, hardware/peripheral support, break/fix support and software trouble shooting
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or Associates Degree along with on-job experience
- Experience in utilizing Incident and Knowledge Management platforms
- CompTIA A+ Certified
- Weight-lifting of some equipment required
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.