The BI Developer is a key role working within a highly collaborative agile analytics team who builds and maintains business-critical reporting solutions.
This position is for a role within GEO-IS Customer Portfolio and within a team of developers and analysts who support the Network Management Center (NMC), a global solutions-based center of excellence. The NMC supports some of our most significant customers in the aviation, automotive, pharmaceutical, and retail industries, overseeing critical logistics shipments, aircraft on ground shipments, and other specialized logistics service offerings.
Successful candidates must understand or be able to translate complex business requirements into scalable and trusted BI solutions, including queries, data flows, reports, and dashboards. At the core, a successful BI Developer will excel at the following:
- Design, develop and maintain business intelligence solutions
- Fulfill business data needs through crafting and executing queries and organizing data sets
- Present information through easy-to-interpret reports, visualization, and dashboards
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- Nuevo Laredo
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field or three years of related professional experience
- Work effectively with a cross-functional development team
- Self-assigns work as necessary to meet the team's commitments
- Design creative, thoughtful, and professional-looking reports, and dashboards
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL
- Proficient in advanced capabilities of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with BI and reporting platforms
- Experience with coding and object oriented programming
- Proficient in Microsoft Power BI and DAX
- Experience with Apache AirFlow
- Experience with Databricks, Azure Synapse, or Azure Data Factory
- Experience with code versioning and CI/CD
location: Romulus, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate business needs into technical specifications to build BI solutions
- Design, build, and deploy BI solutions (e.g., reports)
- Support and maintain reporting infrastructure (e.g., Microsoft Power BI)
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting with end users
- Proactively monitor and tune solution performance
- Perform data quality and validation testing
- Maintain proper version control and solution backup
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Inventory and curate relevant BI solutions for the various end-user groups
- Create and promote best practices for BI solution development
- Train end-users and stakeholders to effectively utilize solutions
- Support agile work processes and keep work management systems current
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.