This is a great opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on analysis with advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for requirement gathering, systems analysis, testing, project management and support relating to the portfolio accounting technology application suits, which relates to supporting integration with the vendor portfolio accounting application, Geneva (SS&C/Advent), and its integration with our reference data, investor, and client reporting applications around the firm to provide timely and accurate information to our investment teams and clients. The team is also responsible for supporting the systems utilized for corporate actions processing, providing cash management capabilities to Investors and supporting workflows to handle non standard transactions.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Our Portfolio Accounting technologies serve complex requirements on multiple fronts including:
- A high-volume environment with substantial daily transaction activity
- A wide variety of asset classes across equity, fixed income, and derivatives
- A large number of markets in which we invest around the world
- A global team of investors and relationship managers who require timely data
- A complex technology environment providing real-time integration with many of our investment applications
Due to the many consumers of portfolio accounting data throughout the firm, this position requires a high level of direct interaction with business users and excellent communication and delivery skills. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
- Interact directly with business and technology partners at all levels of the organization to understand requirements and define, analyze and document test cases for both functional and automated testing, as well as set priorities in executing and planning them.
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a quality analyst in the financial services industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience with functional/automation testing. Experience with writing, optimizing and executing complex SQL queries with relational database technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle in an agile environment
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience writing test cases, automation scripts, use cases, and test plans
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced team environment.
- Experience in Financial Services systems, which may include domains such as:
- Understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, derivatives, and FX.
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of investors workflows in areas of research/valuation, analysis and portfolio construction
- Understanding of various types of corporate actions and the related workflows
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Bachelor's degree is required
- CFA Charter or progress towards one considered an asset
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.