Client was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in more than 100, 000 cities and towns located in 220+ countries and regions across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and one-of-a-kind activities that make it possible for guests to experience the world in a more authentic, connected way.
Client was born with a creative spirit, and it's one of the most defining parts of our culture. We use our curiosity and imagination to come up with unconventional solutions. These are the ideas at the core of Client:
- Our community is based on connection and belonging.
- Our creativity allows us to imagine new possibilities for people.
- Our responsibility is to all of our stakeholders.
- It takes a unified team committed to our core values to embody these ideas, and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
- 5+ years of experience in cross-functional program management
- 2-3 years proven experience working within a technology company in a privacy operations function
- Experience with privacy practices in enterprise companies focused on complying with global privacy laws
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to deliver results in cross-functional teams
- You have the ability to operate independently, proactively, and cross-functionally with teams across the legal, policy, product, engineering, and operations.
- Ability to identify gaps within internal workflows and processes, policies, and product
- Effective organization and time management to complete several simultaneous issues within a regulatory deadline
- Ability to draft clear and concise communications to relevant stakeholders
- Experience using Jira a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
location: SAN FRANCISCO, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 79 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Support responses to inquiries, complaints and investigations from privacy regulators, consumers, non-profit, or civil society groups
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering to investigate privacy matters in connection with regulatory inquiries and user complaints
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.