As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will be immersed in every aspect of product development. Your independent voice will ensure that quality is engineered into the product. You will blend extensive technical experience in test automation with business domain knowledge and data analysis. This includes developing and carrying out automation strategies & roadmap, mining, and manipulating test data, scripting and implementing test cases, front-line triage of issues found during execution, and retesting of defects through resolution. You will produce fully automated tests for each story within each sprint. You will successfully solve technical issues and seamlessly collaborate with the Squad Lead and analysts, developers, business specialists, and vendors. Your contributions will result in a fully test automated product which will have a direct positive impact on the user experience.
Future of work squad is a part of the Fidelity Corporate Technology Group which supports an enterprise-wide partnership that provides technology solutions that (1) support near term return to work re-entry plans; and (2) optimizes end-to-end processes associated with workplace management in the longer term.
As a member of the squad you will establish relationships with development and business partners to achieve trust and detailed understanding of team objectives. Understand and champion quality values and ensure those values are included in every "definition of done". Identify efficient automation methodologies and coordinate with the squad to ensure they are developed from the beginning of every story. Analyze and understand requirements and business needs to find issues before test execution begins. You will ensure the highest product quality and end user satisfaction through this analysis and construction of automated testing.
You will also be a part of the Quality Engineering Chapter Area where you will use already developed testing solutions and collectively communicate and work to tackle new problems.
location: Westlake TX, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The expertise you bring
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Confidence to champion quality engineering.
- Communication skills that prioritize collaboration.
- Good understanding of Agile to provide ideas that improve sprint deliveries.
- Experience with requirement analysis, defect tracking, coordinating with team members in different locations, and test reporting and signoff.
- strong analytical and technical skills to address sophisticated issues.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on defects.
- High level of dedication, initiative, vision, and passion.
- strong Object-Oriented Programming Skills (Java)
- Experience with Selenium using Java and Cucumber BDD framework (Web)
- Service testing experience preferably with RESTAssured framework, experience with Postman preferable(API)
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins Build Server, Maven, Git/Stash, etc.
- Experience with Mobile automation testing
- Experience with end to end automation testing (Web, API and mobile)
- Ability to adapt to new environments and learn in-house developed tools and practices.
- Integration testing between multiple independent systems using interfaces such as flat files and APIs.
- Relational database experience.
- Jira Align, JIRA, Confluence, Agility Health and Xray a plus.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.