Our Washington DC client is seeking a skilled Business Analyst for a long term, contract opportunity. .
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Systems Engineering or other related field plus 3+ years relevant work experience or 7+ years of relevant work experience required to satisfy education and experience requirements.
- Experience with IIBA guidance and approach to requirements development/ management
- Minimum five years of experience with JIRA and HP Quality Center's
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Visio and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the capability to present confidently at various levels from project teams to business leaders
- Excellent interpersonal and team?building skills, works well with others in an integrated team environment, and must be self?motivated
- Solid analytical and problem?solving skills
- Broad knowledge of multiple computer environments, platforms and technologies and knowledge of the enterprise's products
- Experience and proven track record facilitating, defining and documenting business process maps (swim lane format preferred), business/functional requirements, use cases, user stories, technical specifications, test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test results
- Experience interfacing between IT and business stakeholders
- Experience with packaged software and enterprise solutions
- Broad knowledge and experience with a variety of collaboration, requirements, testing and support methodologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM/SAFE) and techniques
- Ability to create and document Amtrak's Project Life Cycle Management (PLM) artifacts and key process steps
- Experience with standard business process notation such as BPMN
- Demonstrated ability to manage and\or participate in multiple projects\assignments with a high degree of complexity.
- Possess the skills to initiate, evaluate, develop and influence users on adoption of solid, actionable recommendations.
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to execute project deliverables in an independent fashion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to both business users and technical staff
- Ability to work closely with peers and team members in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to ensure compliance to guidelines, controls, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Systems Engineering or other related field plus 5+ years relevant work experience
- Business Analysis certification from IIBA, IQBBA or PMI
- System and or platform certifications, as appropriate
- Knowledge or experience with Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
- Five years of experience working with fund source or grant management projects.
- Five years of experience working with business users to define accurate, meaningful and measurable business cases, functional requirements, technical requirements, use cases and define acceptance criteria.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.