Randstad Technologies is in search for a Technology Support Specialist that will provide day-to-day and project-related technical support to multiple client locations within a geographic region, which will require traveling to multiple states. Apply analytical and problem-solving skills to provide second-tier deskside support; this includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading computer software and hardware products and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. Participate and/or lead phases of technology implementations, assisting with corporate software and hardware deployments and working alongside infrastructure teams and senior-level technical team members. Serve as liaison between locations supported, third-party support and equipment vendors, and corporate IT teams on technical matters. Troubleshoot straightforward to moderately complex issues in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance. Ensure that employees use company-owned hardware and software in conformance with client IT policies. Work independently with moderate direction from senior team members or manager.
location: Medina, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Travel to assigned locations on a scheduled basis and as needed for issues and projects
- Serve as the IT liaison between the business units and IT to ensure all IT requirements are properly defined by gathering input from stakeholders, and develop design solutions for technical initiatives
- Work with each site to identify their audio and visual needs and work with vendors to provide the business with solutions and lead up the implementation projects and support for those solutions
- Assist with the management and tracking of all IT hardware assets within the assigned geographical area of responsibility
- Assist in project planning, communicate, and lead the execution phase for all projects associated with the locations within the assigned geographical area of responsibility
- Assist with the management and execution of all lifecycle projects for hardware and software updates
- Manage the creation and revision for all knowledge articles that specifically pertain to the locations within the geographical area of responsibility
- Troubleshoot and resolve medium to complex hardware/software problems for PC, Mac and Mobile devices on Android and iOS platforms
- Provide support for Microsoft 365 access to Teams, SharePoint, and Exchange Distribution Lists and Mailbox Delegation
- Work daily with internal customers via phone, chat, email, and occasional walk by to resolve break/fix issues and tickets
- Assist in the communication and execution of network projects as directed by the Network team
- Accurately record all work, troubleshooting, and communications in incident tickets
- Serve as the escalation point for Level 1 service desk team members
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associates Degree in technical field or related professional certifications
- 2 to 5 years of experience in MS Windows environment performing deskside break/fix support
- Experience using and troubleshooting MS Office (O365) products
- Experience troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10 workstations
- Experience troubleshooting MAC workstations
- Certification and/or License - Microsoft MCP, Comp-Tia, and/or Apple certifications preferred
- Valid Driver's Licensce
- Good driving record with no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Able to demonstrate superior customer service skills
- Able to proficiently manage and troubleshoot Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Able to ask directed and logical questions to determine problem causation and follow documented processes to a successful resolution
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Users and Comp
- Working knowledge of Apple products including iPhone, iPad and Mac Computers
- Troubleshooting and management skills of Apple systems
- Basic understanding of databases and data processing (use of MS SQL and/or Access)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.