- Team Specific Structure and Responsibilities: The Global Commodity Index & Products (GCIP) front office technology team develops and supports the front-office applications responsible for trading commodity index, structured notes, risk/valuation, market making & market data infrastructure in EMEA, and Americas.
- This role will involve work developing and supporting the server side & UI components of the commodity index technology suite of applications used by the GCIP traders in London, Houston and New York.
- The role will require close interaction with the traders and sales people, understanding their requirements, and developing and/or enhancing existing solutions to meet their needs. The candidate will also be responsible for analysis, design, implementation and testing of various components of a Structured Products risk valuation system.
- Looking for candidates with 5-10 years of post-academic experience in complex application development (client and/or server) using C#/.NET and / or Python - Messaging middleware experience - Experience with database development on MS SQL Server 2012+.
- An Ideal candidate will have a good understanding of financial products but will consider technologists from other sectors.
- Applications Developer - you will help develop, support, maintain and test software applications for Commodities Technology primarily for Index products desk.
- This is an exciting and challenging high profile project within Commodities Technology that is ideally suited to an individual with the energy and drive for change. Ideal candidate should have experience in developing server side applications handling real time data. Should be able to independently design and high performance, scalable solutions and respond to a fast paced environment. Experience in GUI development and Front Office environments advantageous.
- In addition to the above the person should
- Satisfy all "Business As Usual" requirements.
- Participate within milestone projects.
- Work closely with other commodities technology teams.
- Manage and escalate risks and issues
Secondary Skill: Python
- Hands on experience in server side programming using C#/.NET and / or Python.
- Exposure to SQL server database or any other object based or RDBMS systems.
- Good understanding of OOPS concepts
- Interpersonal skills and experienced in communicating complex solutions with both technical and Business users.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strategic Thinking: Strategic vision, Business knowledge, Innovation & Creativity
- Business Results: Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution, Change leadership
- People Leadership: Talent building, Meritocracy, Team Leadership, Collaboration, Responsible Corporate Citizenship
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, decisiveness, Energy & drive, courage, character
- Development experience in a large scale global software deployment.
- Experience of Energy and Commodities trading would be very advantageous but not essential
location: HOUSTON, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 73 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This is an exciting and challenging high profile project within Commodities Technology that is ideally suited to an individual with the energy and drive for change. Ideal candidate should have experience in developing server side applications handling real time data. Should be able to independently design and high performance, scalable solutions and respond to a fast paced environment. Experience in GUI development and Front Office environments advantageous.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.