Randstad Technologies USA is seeking a skilled Full-stack Engineer for a contract role in Seattle, WA. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist you land your next role in the Technology space. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Here is some more info around the Lead Engineer (or a Senior Engineer II level) opening on my team:
The Senior Engineer II is the technical leader for a product team (my teams are specifically: Footwear, Campaigns & Community, Storytelling, Bra Quiz & Sizing, and Reviews & User Generated Content so this role would span all of these).
They are considered the technical owners of the production systems they work on and focus on how their products are delivered and how to optimize them for efficiency, security and reliability. Senior Engineer IIs may participate in on-call rotations and would provide and escalation point for production issues.
At this level, Senior Engineer IIs increase their strategic involvement. Senior Engineers IIs would dedicate a fair amount of time to the planning and discovery of tools and practices inside their given area of expertise. Working closely with Staff Engineers to promote platform level change. Senior Engineer IIs take production readiness and performance personally and help drive continuous improvement.
The Senior Engineer II is the top-level Engineer for a product team. They guide the future state of the product and work to optimize and evolve it to support our engineering standards.
The Senior Engineer II works with their local team to build and optimize a developed product or tool. They may be found working on platform teams, but usually focusing on select products or tools.
The Senior Engineer II owns their product from a DevOps standpoint. This means that they are the driving force behind the implementation of security fixes, the quality process, and all things related to delivery of a product. They would be responsible for surfacing supporting metrics and ensuring that their product exceeds the reliability expectations and SLOs they set.
The Senior Engineer II is the technical lead for a product team, they would work closely with stakeholders to establish team direction and delivery goals. They would lead a Community of Practice centred around product adoption and education.
The Senior Engineer II is the main contributor to their product roadmap. They work with Managers and Directors to ensure that product development is appropriately funded and well defined for yearly/quarterly planning initiatives. The Senior Engineer II is a regular presence in Architecture and Engineering review boards and leads these efforts for their product.
The Senior Engineer II is seen as an expert in their field, and they apply that skill, hands-on, towards the more challenging elements of their product delivery. They are mentors to other Engineers on their team and are often sharing best practices and optimization recommendations. They understand their development life cycle and work with their team to improve velocity and report key delivery metrics.
The Senior Engineer II dedicates part of their time to researching new techniques and tooling to evolve their product. They are open minded when it comes to roadmap decisions and focus on the end goals over the currently deployed technologies.
- 5+ years experience in React.js, Next.js, and micro frontends in building web applications
- 5+ years experience with Python in AWS environment (if no Python experience but has Node.js I would be open to that)
- Interest to work across FE and BE
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction- a self-starter with strong initiative, and ability to manage/execute workload to deliver high quality results
- GraphQL nice to have
- Previous ecommerce experience nice to have
- Experience integrating web frontends with complex multi-tier applications nice to have
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn't take themselves too seriously.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.