The candidate will be working with complex and/or multiple conversion applications and routines. May determine and develop approaches to solutions. Assists in the review of associate work for accuracy and overall quality. Assists in conducting studies of alternatives, analyzes and recommends changes in project development policies, procedures, standards, and strategies to development experts and management. Works on multiple projects concurrently and contributes to timely and on-budget project goals.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The senior software engineer will be tasked with providing data conversion solutions by developing conversion applications and routines as well as executing data conversions while working under minimal supervision. The technical environment consists of SAS, Linux and DB2.
This resource will be converting retirement, 401(k) and define contribution funds from clients to our platform, which means there will be a high level of scrutiny and pressure.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring (The order of these bullets does not matter)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a systems analysis/Development role
- SAS programming experience is required (2 years minimum)
- Experience with SAS EG is a must (1+ year)
- 3+ years' experience - solid understanding of the data conversion development and implementation process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
- strong expertise in Linux OS is required
- Application/technology experience or similar related training, focusing in data analysis and/or data processing.
- Experience in Financial Services, Banking, 401(k), Define Contribution retirement funds is highly preferred.
- Proven understanding of Investment industry is needed
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.