We have over a decade of experience providing talent with clearance and workforce solutions that drive bottom-line value for federal agencies and the organizations that serve them. Learn more about what we do, meet our experienced team and get an inside look at the strategic partnerships that set us apart.
Let's talk about the role.
Remote Capabilities: 100%
Clearance Required: None
Job Summary: We're seeking a Senior Project Manager who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in running large information technology projects in various customer businesses areas at an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana.
location: New Orleans, Louisiana
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Plan, coordinate and manage large projects.
- Integrate all functions and activities necessary to perform the project/program to meet the client or customer requirements.
- Direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
- Manage technical, cost, and schedule of assigned tasks or functions.
- Provide strong, proactive, and assertive leadership skills that engage multidiscipline work teams to respond to business needs for assigned projects
- Makes decisions at the project team level and properly escalate those decisions that cannot be resolved on a timely basis
- Lead project team members such as executives, line of business subject matter experts, controllers, and schedulers through the lifecycle of a project
- Manage project teams that typically includes multiple vendors with onshore and offshore resources
- Create project management plans, set expectations, execute governance reviews and ensure the project plans are driven by organizational procedures
- Coordinates with cross-functional project stakeholders to develop project scope, objectives, goals, and deliverables
- Ensures that requirements are gathered, documented, reviewed and approved per organizational/PMO standards
- Ensures projects are delivered on-time, on budget, and remain in scope. Monitors and tracks project dependencies
- Work with assigned scheduler to create a work breakdown structure that defines all activities required for the project deliverables
- Manage project budget, maintain financial plan, track actuals vs. plan, provide monthly forecasts, report monthly accruals
- Establish and provide high-quality, informative written and verbal project communications, including weekly status, dashboards, and project updates
- Actively monitor, track, and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of established milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.