Our client, a multinational leader in the financial sector, is looking for an Enterprise Solutions Architect who is proficient with Linux and RedHat at enterprise level organizations with over 10,000 users. They will be responsible for gathering technical requirements, producing technical designs, and assisting with the implementation of services and applications leveraging datacentre technologies and services to meet business needs and objectives. You will also contribute to the strategic service planning and solution design efforts to support technology governance processes for server, storage, and other datacentre technologies in both the private and public clouds.
Starting from early engagement, the Solution Architect elaborates design options, encourages innovation, drives technical strategy, and ensures that solutions meet functional and non-functional requirements whilst adhering to Computershare's architectural and security policy and standards. A Solution Architect takes an active role in developing and refining the Architecture framework and processes to increase value added by the team in reducing cost and complexity, managing risk and enhance change flexibility across the technology estate. They also liaise closely with the Global CTS Architecture community and participates in defining and implementing technical strategies. The role ensures that local development teams work collaboratively with their global counterparts and align with global architectural standards and strategy.
The Solution Architect will support the delivery of design capability and direction to projects. The primary job is to help design and setup management techniques for the Delivery team to build and the Operations Teams to support designed systems via close work with a team of Delivery Engineers in the design, implementation, and support of enterprise standard databases and data needs based on business requirements. You will drive the implementation of new technologies, stabilization, and security strategies, install and support new software and tools.
The preferred candidate will be required to work under minimal supervision, have the ability to multi-task and adapt to change, and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Additionally, the candidate must be motivated and a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of assigned tasks, independently determine the approach to fixing problems and push to closure on scheduled milestones. The Solution Architect will have an advanced understanding of IT industry trends, keep up to date with technology innovations and be aware of enterprise standards and methodology. You will be knowledgeable on a broad range of enterprise infrastructure and applications and can be called upon to provide expertise in multiple areas.
location: CANTON, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Requires an understanding of the Plan, Build, Run methodology as well as systems architecture in large enterprises.
- Able to create and maintain comprehensive and effective design documents and supporting artefacts.
- Work with abstract concepts and use them to build technical solutions.
- Highly proficient at designing enterprise class infrastructure environments in on-premises and public cloud datacentres.
- Expert understanding of infrastructure principles and technology; with the ability to leverage a variety of Systems Management and automation tools to provision and maintain infrastructure environments.
- Deep knowledge of data storage solutions by Dell/EMC.
- An expert understanding of server operating systems (Windows and Linux) and infrastructure applications required to run a global organization.
- Experience with virtualization technologies including hypervisors based and Containers from an infrastructure perspective
- An advanced knowledge of Microsoft's Active Directory Services as well as Cloud Interoperability.
- A solid working understanding of network, Data Services, storage, and telephony concepts.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Data Centre infrastructures and services
- Experience with branch office/remote office infrastructure
- strong Linux (Oracle, RedHat) skillset, working with enterprise level companies
- Experience of working in a global technology organisation across geographies and cultures.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Data Center infrastructures and services.
- Experience w/network, Data Services, end-user, Virtualization, storage, and telephony concepts.
- An expert understanding of server operating systems and infrastructure applications required to run a global organization.
- An advanced knowledge of Microsoft's Active Directory Services as well as Cloud Interoperability
- Deep knowledge of Enterprise Storage environments.
- Proven record of accomplishment working in a support environment and the ability to interact between business representatives and Senior IT staff to plan for and resolve complex technology-based problems.
- Highly proficient at designing enterprise class infrastructure environments with comprehensive and effective design documents and supporting artefacts.
- Possess effective communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in supporting and administering large scale, enterprise level software systems
- A deep understanding in Unified Communication technologies including but not limited to Email, Instant Messaging, Office telephony and Video Collaboration.
- Cloud computing concepts and design
- Morpheus Data flows and provisioning
- Network security and best practices including but not limited to Firewalls, routing and switching, Wireless technology, VPN, NAC, LANs, and WANs
- A working knowledge of data services which include MS SQL and Oracle
- Understanding of complex Enterprise voice architectures, including contact centre technologies, PBX, international telco's, SIP, and call routing
- Experience with virtualized/Hybrid Cloud environments
Nice to Have Certifications:
- CISSP (ISC2 certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) - MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- VCP (VMware Certified Professional)
- ITIL Foundations certified
- TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework) certified
- MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) certified
- VCP (VMware Certified Professional) certified
- PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) trained
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.