The Software Application Developer III will design, develop, document, and maintain software programs and applications to support the business needs. The Software Application Developer III will work closely with others, such as Project Manager, Product Owner, Business Analyst, and Architects to analyze user needs, design and create optimum software. Also, the Software Application Developer III will modify existing software to fix errors and enhance its functionality and performance. The Software Application Developer III must have a solid educational background in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, Engineering, or related fields. Also, the Software Application Developer III must be experienced in the development environment, and related technologies outlined below, as well as have a good understanding of relational database concept.
The Software Application Developer III should be able to work on complex tasks without much supervision by the senior team members, and should be able to mentor and provide technical guidance to junior team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 50% Software Development: Responsible for software development including writing new software programs, maintaining existing software programs which includes enhancements and bug fixes. Activities in software development includes but not limited to: analysis of the requirements, determining feasibility, formulating plans required to develop new program, technical design, debugging, coding, unit testing, migration and/or installation, and documentation of changes.
- 20% Production Support: Provide production support of day to day business operations, working to identify and resolve issues based on priority. Act as an advisor to junior team members, supervisors, or staff members to help meet established schedules and resolve technical or operational problems.
- 20% Stakeholder support: Manage stakeholder communications, including conducting briefings and technical meetings for IT and business representatives. Stakeholders include organization managers and leaders as well as business partners. Communicate with stakeholders to discuss business requirements and explain programming logic as it relates to design and function, operational decisions, scheduling requirements or clarifications meetings.
- 10% Mentoring and guidance: Provide technical direction to junior level developers; provide guidance and mentoring based on organizational goals and policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Bachelors degree: Computer Science, MIS, Software Engineering, Engineering or related field or equivalent
- 4 + years Software Development (Design/Build/Unit Test/Migrate): Requires moderate supervision, ability to multitask, capable to handle complex programs with guidance
- 4+ years Production Support: Able to perform root cause analysis to identify the problem
- Customer Support: Mid level contributor; demonstrated working in a team involving customers and other IT counterparts
- 4+ years Technical Project Management & Stakeholder Communications: Mid level communication skills both written and verbal. Communicates well with technical counterparts and business counterparts.
- 1 year-Mentoring or leading others
Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.