The Manager Software Engineering will lead a team of global engineers to work on designing, architecting and developing global scale data services to support business process efficiencies.. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be a hands on manager, who still likes to get hands dirty and be responsible for end to end delivery.. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, this job requires a creative problem solver, resourced in getting things done, and productive working and managing teams. You will work collaboratively in a team environment and provide continuous mentoring to junior members of the organization. You will have entrepreneurial spirit with desire to work in fast-paced, start up environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines.Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on leadership for a development team, building and enhancing our data services, in a micro service-oriented and highly scalable global environment. Actively work alongside product and program management partners to manage and prioritize engineering initiatives, infrastructure changes, maintenance and new feature requests.. Implement security measures by encrypting sensitive data.
- Participate in feature reviews with product owners, designers and software engineers.
- Support: Troubleshoot high complexity problems and guide others.
- Team: Provide technical leadership for both data services development and architecture design to the software engineering team using leading edge tools and methodologies. Manage and mentor other software engineers. Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs. Provide status updates to team members on a regular basis and clearly escalate issues and risks to IT management as needed. Use information gathered through prior experience, knowledge sharing with other software engineers, education and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
- Minimum 4 Year/ Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years understanding of distributed computing principles in Python programming languages
- 5+ years Experience as a software engineer designing, architecting, and building global scale microservices with distributed architecture
- 5+ years Strong API Development background and deep understanding of developing microservices for large scale and high performance.
- 3+ years Experience with RabbitMQ, Kafka, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Gitlab, Pub/Sub, etc.
- 2+ years Experience working with cloud technologies - GCP, AWS, Azure, etc., and database knowledge (BigQuery, Elastic Search, PostGres, etc.)
- 2+ years Experience managing software engineering teams
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.