Our client is a Privately Equity held Oil and Gas Services company and they are looking for a permanent Controller to join their team and partner with the CEO to continue the growth of the organization.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $170,000 - 175,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Guide the financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing best practices and policies.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor financial conditions by conducting audits and provide information to external auditors.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements; anticipate future legislation; filing of required documents; and advise management on needed actions.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Ensure timely transactions in accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions, chart of accounts, and accounting filing system.
- Manage, mentor and collaborate with accounting team.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 10+ years of experience in accounting operations
- Advanced knowledge of audit and GAAP procedures
- Advanced experience with MS Office, especially Excel
- Experience enhancing financial systems for efficiency
- Experience reconciling operational and financial systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, written communication, and quantitative skills
- Ability to analytically and rationally make decisions
- Leadership and employee relations ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within the organization
- Travel required
skills: CPA, Internal Controls
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.