One of Tatum's Houston based Oil & Gas distribution companies is in need of a Controller for their rapidly growing business. The new hire will need to be an experienced, hands-on finance executive with their main responsibilities to include financial reporting and analysis, profitability analyses, cash management, A/P, A/R, general ledger, inventory, and payroll. In this role you will report to the President of the company.
location: Pasadena, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
Manage the financial team in the processing of a broad variety of transactions. Given the current size of the finance department, this will include processing certain transactions directly (i.e., "hands-on").
- Coordinate the timely preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports. Ensure accurate, timely reporting of company financial information - budgets, forecasts, monthly results and flash reports. Identify key issues and propose actions thereon to meet company objectives.
- Analyze operating costs in detail and recommend action to increase profitability and enhance long-term return on investment.
- Convert monthly detailed financial data into understandable summaries and recommendations to be used by leadership.
- Review monthly financial results and key metrics. Identify corrective actions and communicate these to the leadership team.
- Coordinate, manage and own the monthly forecast process for operations; establish calendar, consolidate plant forecasts, develop variance and bridge analysis. Assist teams in developing appropriate counter measures to meet or exceed financial targets for EBITDA and working capital.
- Assist in preparation and review of Capital Asset Request (CAR) financial justifications for facility capital projects.
- Develop and document standard work for the close, forecast and budgeting processes.
- Recent experience leading finance / accounting functions in a Private Equity owned business
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting,
- Masters Preferred
- Experience as Controller of $20m-$150m growth-minded manufacturers and/or distributors
- Hands-on (leads small teams, balances day-to-day duties with strategic matters, comfortable handling monthly close, financial analysis, budget preparation, 13-week cash flow forecasting and inventory management including cycle counting exposure in collaboration with Operations personnel)
- Experience dealing with senior management
- Minimum 8 years experience in and distribution accounting - preferably in a dynamic environment (many SKU's, customers, frequent volume and mix changes, etc)
- CPA or CMA Preferred
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong proficiency with accounting software and MS Office applications, especially Excel using pivot tables, v-lookups, graphs, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in developing actions plans and implementing process improvements using Lean principles (Gemba walks, Kaizens, value stream mapping, etc)
- Lives in the Houston area
skills: Excel, CPA
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.