We have partnered with an international life sciences client looking to hire a Group Controller. This is a mission-critical role involving all aspects of the company's accounting operations, including international consolidations, oversight of general ledger and monthly close, SEC reporting, SOX compliance, tax, treasury, statutory reporting, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, fixed assets, NetSuite implementation and administration, equity system, and the external audit process.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $200,000 - 230,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Preparation consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, ensuring compliance with all relevant US GAAP standards, SEC regulations and reporting submissions (e.g. 10-K's, 10-Q's, 8-Ks, etc).
- Prepare notes to accounts and all technical accounting memos for review by auditors, tax advisors, and management.
- Provide technical expertise for complex accounting areas.
- Assist in preparing board, audit committee, and senior management financial information.
- Manage the accounting close process and continuously improve processes to scale with the organization
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal tax filings for all operating companies.
- Provide strategic assessment of tax implication for any major transactions proposed.
- Supervise AR, AP, payroll, fixed asset, and revenue recognition activities completed by external partners.
- Act as the primary liaison to external auditors and manage financial audits and reviews.
- Oversee the implementation and design of the control environment and ensure that its effective and fit for purpose.
- Support the implementation and future growth of the accounting system
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Accounting with current CPA license preferred or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in corporate and/or general accounting including international reporting experience and recent public company experience as the controller or assistant controller.
- IPO and follow-on financing support of S1 and S3 filings a plus
- Prior relevant financial management in the pharmaceutical industry required.
- Big 4 Public Accounting and SEC reporting experience preferred.
- Experience implementing/maintaining accounting systems and developing reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Team-oriented collaborative spirit, positive individual with characteristics of cooperation, highest integrity and a customer service approach
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.