Are you in public accounting and need a new challenge?
This is a great opportunity to work in a highly visible role with unique accounting exposure and offers an environment with internal mobility and opportunity across the accounting and finance teams. Join a multi-billion dollar publicly listed company involved in the healthcare and information technology industry, they are growing fast through acquisitions!
- Responsible for technical accounting research related to transactions and new accounting and reporting requirements and implement new processes and procedures.
- Technical accounting on M&A transactions, technical accounting liaison for business unit finance, positions adoption of new standards and drafting of accounting policy.
- Compensation from $80k - $95k annually, bonus, work life balance, part of a high performing team and work in a dynamic and engaged environment.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure consistency of accounting policy globally. Ensure proper publication of accounting policy. Publish all final accounting policies and documents.
- Work with regional management to ensure appropriate procedures are maintained by each business unit to support the corporate accounting policy.
- Assist in documentation and review of new transactions to ensure compliance with applicable US GAAP and IFRS regulations.
- Conduct research and document specific accounting matters and assist the Director of External Reporting in researching reporting requirements under US GAAP, IFRS and SEC requirements.
- Prepare and review new and emerging accounting issues and liaise with the external reporting team to develop appropriate disclosures to comply with these new accounting issues.
- Review procedures performed at all business divisions to ensure consistency in applications company-wide. Develop and implement training programs applied across the Company.
- Participate in the integration of acquisitions and establish accounting policy processes for newly acquired companies.
- Participate in a "deals desk" review of revenue contracts and communicate recognition expectations to the business for existing and potential contracts.
- Draft disclosures in US GAAP and IFRS for inclusion in reporting and presentations.
- Complete special projects as needs arise.
qualifications: Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and a CPA are required.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience; Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting principles, financial disclosure requirements, and techniques, including SEC rules and regulations.
- Extensive experience in the preparation and presentation of financial statements under guidelines established by the SEC, IFRS and US GAAP.
- Familiar with revenue recognition and lease accounting standard preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of solving problems in areas of accounting complexity.
- Strong understanding of an effective and efficient internal control environment.
- Work in a fast paced team environment, meet tight deadlines on multiple priorities, and strong problem-solving skills, people management and conflict management skills.
- Detail-oriented, process-oriented, control-oriented. Highest level of integrity.
skills: Financial Statements, CPA, Audit - Internal, Audit - External, Financial Reporting - SEC, $1 - 2 billion, $2 billion+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.