Growing and stable company in Broward county seeking to hire a Senior Internal Auditor immediately due to promotion. This position offers excellent compensation package and growth opportunities. This position is bonus eligible.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Lead and supervise staff auditors in complex audit assignments, mainly in the finance related processes, accounting, tax, controlling, and/or corporate finance, as well as compliance areas.
- Evaluate key finance/accounting processes for adequate and effective controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure audit team obtained understanding of assigned complex areas (processes, departments, accounts) in order to ensure accurate and effective audit execution.
- Conducts risk assessment for assigned engagements in order to define specific project scope, approach; and plan fieldwork audit procedures, including sample selections for substantive testing.
- Perform risk-based audit testing, root cause analysis, and prepare audit work-papers in line with the company methodology.
- Supervise and review staff auditors work not only during specific process, but also on a need basis.
- Draft high quality audit findings tailored to specific needs of the engagement in a timely manner,including the review of findings drafted by staff/junior auditors.
- Present draft findings to relevant local management during audits.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of principles, programs and tools for the audit areas within Finance and Compliance.
- Execute special investigations and process improvements on ad-hoc basis.
- Assist with the training and development of staff/junior auditors.
- Perform requested follow-up procedures as necessary.
- Plan, prepare, conduct, and lead audit assignments in accordance with company's global audit standards.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting and/or Master's Degree a plus.
- Minimum four years of audit experience in public accounting (preferably Big 4) or within the Internal Audit function of a multinational company.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS, Controlling, and/or Corporate Finance matters).
- CIA or equivalent professional credential is a plus.
- Ability to think analytically and grasp complex structures; conceptual skills, applying critical thinking.
- Capacity to work independently with limited supervision.
- Experience supervising staff in a team environment and reviewing their work.
- Skillful in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and ability to learn proprietary software.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to prepare and lead presentations of findings to senior management
- Excellent command of English language skills (written and spoken), including strong active listening.
- Proficiency in other languages (Spanish, Portuguese) highly preferable.
- Willingness to travel internationally within the Americas in the future when COVID19 travel restrictions ease.
For immediate consideration please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Certified Internal Auditor
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.