Stable company in Broward County seeking to hie a Controller immediately. This position offers stability, excellent compensation package with discretionary bonus and work/life balance. This position is 100% remote until it's safe to return to the office.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the month end close, including preparation of journal entries, the Monthly Operating Report (MOR's), additional supporting schedules, and key account analysis.
- Complete and oversee all items listed on the Month-End-Closing checklist.
- Run weekly reports to assist with projections for the month.
- Meet strict deadlines, and must work diligently to meet all corporate reporting due dates.
- Work closely with the Corporate Finance Department to prepare quarterly and annual schedules.
- Prepare the annual budget and cash disbursements.
- Coordinate, oversee and report results of the annual inventory (or audited cycle counts).
- Supervise the A/R and A/P staff.
- Review and approve business unit's bi-weekly payroll packages upon completion by the payroll department.
- Provide financial, administrative, and operational support, particularly in the areas of cost control as well as process improvement.
- Work with Internal Audit to ensure that appropriate financial controls are in place and are in compliance with 404 SOX requirements.
- Analyze product/job cost trends and determine potential issues as well as areas for improvement.
- Work closely with the General Manager, management and sales personnel to provide data analysis regarding various areas of production, profit margins, work efficiencies, and sales analysis.
- Collaborate with the General Manager to project monthly sales, margins, costs, and operating income.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- 7 or more years related experience
- Excellent communication skills
For immediate consideration please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.