Senior Tax Analyst
Senior Tax Analyst (Investments)
A wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of a large DC based non-profit seeks a Senior Tax Analyst. The position is responsible for the management, reporting and analysis of 50+
Investment Funds. This full-time position is located in Washington, DC and is 100% remote until at least August 2021.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Maintain accurate accounting for each investment related legal entity
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements for each entity
- Understand and maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant GAAP, tax, and tax credit
program compliance issues, including impairment and depreciation matters
- Facilitate annual audits and tax return preparation by third-party accounting firms
- Facilitate the opening and maintenance of online bank accounts for all investment entities
- Prepare wire transfers/ACH for distributions, loan advances and payments, obtaining
appropriate approvals and maintaining appropriate documentation
- Review closing documents and reporting requirements, identifying any inconsistencies
between operating agreements and loan documents and projections and work with
appropriate parties to correct errors
- Monitor tax credit delivery and cash flows through deal structures
- Understand deal-specific nuances and effectively solve problems
- Effectively communicate with all partners internally and externally
- Create and maintain loan servicing schedules, prepare interest invoices, monitor loan
payments and initiate distributions
- Prepare annual operating income tests and substantially all tests for compliance
- Manage the revenue recognition, billing and collection of annual asset management and fund management fees and expense reimbursements
- Support related corporate accounting functions as necessary, including budgeting and
projection of annual asset management and fund management fees and cash flow forecasts
- Accounting or finance degree required, a CPA highly preferred.
- 3+ years tax or audit experience, including 1-2 years public accounting experience
- Experience with accounting systems and advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with pivot tables and V Lookups desirable.
Salary for this position is $90,000 - 110,000 + bonus. This company offers a comprehensive benefits package including a very generous retirement plan.
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.