Growth oriented Consumer Products Company is looking to hire an Assistant Controller / Accounting Manager to work as a key member of their Accounting team. This newly created role will work closely with both the Controller and CFO to lead the day to day Accounting activities.
location: Hawthorne, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Manage timely completion of monthly close activities, including consolidated financial statement review, variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Compilation of month-end analyses and posting of adjusting monthly journal entries to maintain adequate company reserves surrounding AR and Inventory.
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of sales tax transactions between the financial general ledger system and tax software
- Manage treasury operations and support cash flow forecasting process
- Compile and analyze financial results to prepare reporting packages
- Monitor, improve, and implement accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP
- Lead the annual audit process with external accounting firm.
- Participate in strategic company projects to drive operational excellence in Accounting
- Lead improvement of processes and enhancement of system capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA preferred.
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods required and Direct to Consumer a plus
- Minimum of ten years of business experience in Accounting or Finance roles required
- Minimum of five years managing direct reports required, including hiring and developing talent
- ERP system experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.