As the key member of the Finance team, the Controller will oversee all accounting activities - management of Audits, reconcile, oversee all GL, A/R & A/P activities, Monthly close duties and supervise a team of 8 (Clerks, Staff & Sr. Accountants and an Assistant Controller) Accounting professionals. A successful candidate will also have a business sense and a demonstrated career path to date. The potential for continued growth is essential for this role.
location: Las Vegas, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Lead monthly close and completion of accounting procedures
- Lead the preparations for audits and tax returns.
- Lead accounting staff to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Ensures compliance with and prepares reports according to applicable state and local government requirements.
- Identify, recommend, and lead in implementing improvements in accounting and finance processes and improvements to internal controls and policies.
- Apply applicable accounting guidance to address non-routine transactions and lead accounting staff with correct general ledger account usage.
- Prepare supporting documentation and memorandum to record accounting judgments and conclusions.
- Monitor and analyze balance sheets, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Support the CFO in all financial matters of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of accounting experience in a Leadership position.
- Manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.
- Collaborative and communicates effectively at all levels
Please apply or email your resume to email@example.com
skills: General Ledger, Month-End Close, Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.