Tatum by Randstad is working with a healthcare focused company in search of an Accounting Manager. The company is currently in growth mode and is expanding their accounting department.
The Accounting Manager will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits. This person will manage the accounts payable function, accounts receivable function, and the monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements.
The Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with the Assistant Controller and others in the organization in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The company is only looking at local Dallas/Fort Worth candidates. Please do not apply for this role unless you are local. Thank you.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
location: Plano, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, creating and reviewing journal entries, performing account reconciliations, and creating KPI management reporting
- Lead the monthly revenue recognition process
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Participate in strategic financial projects including upgrades and new implementation to ERP software
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Prepare and file monthly sales tax returns
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
- Past working experience in financial reporting under IFRS is essential to oversee European operations
Essential Education, Experience and Interests:
· A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required, CPA preferred
· Minimum of 7+ years financial and full cycle G/L accounting experience
· 2+ year of direct managerial experience a plus
· Advanced Excel skill, proficiency with pivot tables and spreadsheet modeling is required
· Able to work independently and also work closely with other members of management as a financial resource
· Strong analytical and technical accounting and tax knowledge are essential, as well as detail orientation.
· Experience with ERP system such as Intaact preferred
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.