Our client in Virginia is seeking a Controller to join their family oriented environment. They are customer focused professionals that take pride in a collective goal of providing exceptional service. As they grow, their focus is on recruiting and retaining top talent. In addition to providing a challenging and rewarding career, they offer a very competitive benefits package.
location: Fairfax, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Direct hands-on oversight and/or responsibility of the accounting operations to include accounts payable and expense reporting, labor distribution and payroll, and general ledger activities.
- Coordinate activities within the accounting team to ensure proper entries are made in accounts payable, payroll, billings, prepaids and accrual accounts, and other general ledger accounts.
- Participate in the monthly closing process to include service center allocations, indirect rate calculations, and revenue recognition.
- Prepare the monthly financial statement package for the CFO.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of accounting policies and procedures and financial reporting practices ensuring compliance with GAAP and FAR requirements and regulations. Assess current practices and make recommendations for improvement.
- Work with other departmental managers in various functions within the company to ensure the accounting department is meeting internal management needs and acquiring appropriate information to generate accurate reports.
- Ensure all accounting records are processed and stored according to company retention policy.
- Handle corporate cash management and monitoring of the line of credit and outstanding accounts receivable.
- Resource for project set-up, as well as labor workforce, in Costpoint.
- Act in a program control capacity on certain projects if necessary.
- Assist with the monthly/quarterly bank compliance and reporting.
- Perform unbilled receivable analysis.
- Assist with the interim and year-end financial audit activities as required by outside CPA firm, DCAA, bank, or other governmental agencies.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual provisional billing rate submission as well as the year end incurred cost submission for DCAA. Must know and understand the development and implementation of multiple cost pools and service centers.
- Responsible for fixed asset tracking and personal property tax filings.
- Responsible for the company's timely reporting and compliance with all federal, state, and local tax filings and other regulatory filings.
- Responsible for vendor set-up and management of W-9 and EFT forms.
- Process weekly check disbursements and ACH payments in coordination with the accounting team.
- Prepare and upload Positive Pay and EFT files to the bank for disbursements.
- Prepare year-end 1099 forms for consultants.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
- Follow policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
- Attend work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved leave.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a major in accounting or finance
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Federal Travel Regulations (FTR)
- 10-12 years of experience in a government contract environment
- Proficient in the different processes of an accounting department
- Payroll processing and tax filing experience required; preferrable ADP Workforce Now
- Recent experience using the Deltek Costpoint Accounting System is required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking; attention to detail is a must
- Must be very proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications: Outlook, Excel (use of VLOOKUP and Pivot tables), and Word
- CPA Certification is preferred
Please Apply Here!
skills: General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.