Tremendous opportunity for an Accounting Manager to join a dynamic technology company experiencing rapid growth. Ideal opening for a public / private CPA interested in joining a company making a difference!
The Accounting Manager position is a direct hire position in a fast paced, growth oriented company and requires a self motivated, diligent professional who enjoys working in a collaborative, team environment. This position will play key role in developing controls and streamlining processes enabling the organization to scale.
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the timely and accurate accounting and reporting in a fast paced, high growth company.
- Maintain GL, Month End Close and assist with financial statement preparation and analysis
- Establish policies and procedures to streamline month end close in accordance with US GAAP and policies
- Create and maintain SOX related control documentation and narratives
- Prepare account reconciliations for revenue including deferred costs and revenue
- Reconcile revenue, billings and orders
- Ensure compliance on all orders and reviewing invoices
- Prepare monthly calculation and analysis
- Review, reconcile and monitor sales forecast and revenue reports
- Review contracts, and disclosures to ensure ASC 606 compliance
- Responsible for revenue closing schedules
- Analyze trends and budget to actuals; analyze, determine and report variances
- Partner with department heads (sales, legal, AR) to resolve customer discrepancies / issues
The Ideal profile includes
- BS in Accounting/Finance, advanced degree preferred
- CPA strongly desired
- 4 years' experience in tech/software industry
- Prior Public Accounting experience required
- ASC 606 is required
- Extensive experience and comprehensive understanding US GAAP and SOX
- Strong analytical and research skills and ability to think strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication, and ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Able to analyze, summarize and articulate financial information
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Financial Statements, Revenue Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.